World Trade Organization (WTO) is a global organization that monitors and facilitates international trade. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Hosted by: WTO
Name of the competition: 2022 WTO Essay Award
Degree Level: PhD
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), the largest conference specializing in international trade.
- The award ceremony will take place on 8-10 September 2022 at the University of Groningen in The Netherlands.
- The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting.
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defense.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors.
- In addition, to be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
An Academic Selection Panel is responsible for the selection of the winning paper. The panel comprises:
- Professor Beata Javorcik (University of Oxford)
- Professor Robert Staiger (Dartmouth College)
- Professor Alberto Trejos (INCAE Business School).
Dr Robert Koopman (Director, Economic Research and Statistics Division, WTO Secretariat) is ex officio member of the panel. Dr Roberta Piermartini (Chief, Trade Cost Analysis Section, WTO) coordinates the work of the selection panel.
Submission deadline: 6 June 2022
Interested applicants can check this link for details - https://cutt.ly/4HThHGr