The United Nations World Food Programme won the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize for its identification that the first step in eradicating world poverty is eradicating hunger. It delivers food assistance and works with communities to improve sustenance and build grit.
Working here is ideal for someone who values working with purpose and saving the lives of the world’s most vulnerable. The person must also be a highly motivated professional
Vacancy Type: Communications Associate (Service Contract)
Posted on: 19 January 2022
- Write and pitch stories about WFP's programmes and staff for publication on WFP's website, WFP's social media channels or in national and international media.
- Draft or translate news releases for local, national or international media.
- Conduct research, liaise with WFP units and offices to gather or confirm programmatic and financial information to support the development of stories, videos and social media content.
- Support the Communication with Communities programme by preparing key messages, reviewing and summarizing feedback, and proactively suggesting initiatives to counter misinformation, educate communities on WFP assistance and promote healthy practices.
- Assist the production of multimedia content with editing, translation, subtitles.
- Prepare and suggest social media content following an editorial calendar.
- Support social media content with initiative and creativity, such as by identifying influencers, crafting strategies, developing visuals and editorial lines.
- Help the development and distribution of communications training and guidance to staff or to WFP stakeholders, including through events and workshops.
- Support donor relations, document donor contributions and create content packages for donors.
- Respond to internal queries and requests for communications support, using initiative and following standard WFP processes and guidelines (branding, visibility…)
- Track performance of communications activities and outputs or outcomes including social media with analytics; report on communications activities to other units and senior management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employment Status: Contractual (6 months with possibility of extension)
Job Grade: SC6
Working Hours: Not specified
Workplace: Not specified
- University degree in Communications, Media, Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations or other relevant disciplines
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, digital marketing, editorial roles or similar
Age Requirement: Not Specified
Gender: Both Male and Female
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Writing and creative storytelling
- Social media planning and analytics
- Production of multimedia content
- Media relations
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong writing skills in English
- Ability to conduct basic research and gather information independently
- Project management and coordination skills
- Video editing and graphic design skills are an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Bengali mother tongue required
- Working-level or basic understanding of Chittagonian
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary: as per UN salary scale
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Profit share
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- As per company policy
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022
Apply through LinkedIn here - https://cutt.ly/9IXo6p0
Or, apply through Impact pool here - https://cutt.ly/9IXpi6F
For further details about The United Nations World Food Programme, visit this link - https://cutt.ly/YIXplbl