The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training awards scholarships for master's programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world.
If you are interested, you first need to apply to one of the Flemish host institutions that participate in the Master Mind Scholarship Programme.
Host Country: Flanders, Belgium
Nationality: International students
Number of Awards: 30
Degree Level: Master’s
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8,400 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee.
The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of a maximum of €115.80 per year for 2022/23.
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
- The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
For more details, visit this link - https://cutt.ly/FIO8eoS
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
https://cutt.ly/lIO7Qa8 (see annexe: How to calculate your American GPA)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of the exemption provided by the host university
Letter of motivation written in English
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
Application Deadline: 29 April 2022 GMT +1. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February to 6 April 2022.
Application Link: Prospective graduate students can apply through this link: https://cutt.ly/0IO4TfN
Further Information: Visit this link for further information about the scholarship and host institutions - https://cutt.ly/LIO87DR